Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Hello there! It's been a while....

First off, I want to say that I am sorry I have not put a post up in a very long time. I guess you can say that I fell off the face of the earth, or just that I have been busy and kind of didn’t feel like writing. But any who, I am back and will be posting on a regular basis.

A lot of things have been going on lately. Most recently was Syler’s 15 month child wellness check-up and vaccines. Our big boy is just that….big. He is in the 90%-ile for height, 50% for weight, and 75%-ile for head circumference. He is growing so fast, it is unbelievable and amazing all at the same time. Before you are a parent and those of who are parents say to you “they grow so fast ” you kind of just nod, smile and say yeah I hear ya. Not really understanding the meaning of what they are saying. Well, not until you have children of your own, then your say “Oh my god, I can’t believe how fast they really do grow”.
Well, I know I have said this during Syler’s other stages of development, but I am loving this stage. It’s like exploring and learning about the world all over again, but through a toddler’s eyes. It’s absolutely wonderful.

So, Syler is a maniac. He is constantly on the move. He is running around the house, touching things, findings things and getting into trouble. He is at the point where he will touch something or grab something he knows he is not suppose to have and he will say “no no no”. Sometimes it is hard not to laugh at that ☺. It’s amazing how much they understand at this age and how fast they learn. It is constant learning, observing, absorbing. Still, one of my absolute favorite things is that Syler still loves to read. Syler will pick out a book and come plop himself in my lap and want to read. I LOVE it!!!!

Exploring is one thing that I think Syler really enjoys, and eating toilet paper (that will be my next post). He is constantly touching, tasting, looking and smelling. He just recently figured out how to smell and now he wants to smell everything. Oh and another first, about a month ago he learned how to suck out of a straw. He was just fascinated by this and did it non-stop. Teething is one thing that we are not enjoying. At this very moment, Syler has 5 teeth cutting through. Four of them are molars and the fifth is his lateral incisor. He is his normal self throughout the day, but when it comes to naps and bedtime, he just cries, cries, cries. Breaks my heart because I know he is in pain and there really isn’t much that I can do to help him. It’s just all part of being a baby and having a child.

Well, here are a few pictures from the past couple of months. Enjoy!

Hanging out on the cat's scratching post.

Giving Oscar some lovin.

Trying on Daddy's shoes.

He loves Oscar.

A little blurry, but hanging out at his buddy Jacob's 1st birthday party.

1 comment:

Becky said...

Welcome back! I missed you. We got Sylers card and I was floored by how big he has gotten. Sure is a cutie! I hope we can get the boys together soon.