Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Trial Run

This past week I got to do a trial run of what it was going to be like leaving Syler for more than just a couple of hours. Miguel and I had a wedding to attend in Syracuse NY, and I was in the wedding. My brother and his wife were kind enough to babysit Syler while we were gone. Because the wedding was in Syracuse and me being in the wedding, we were going to be gone for a couple of days. So, we dropped Syler off Wednesday morning. I must say that when walking out of their house to leave I was holding back tears: a lot of tears. I had to do that for a little while. But, once we were well into our 3 ½ hour drive I was doing okay. During the 3 days, I didn’t want to cry, but I was thinking about Syler all the time and I checked in with my brother and his wife at least 2x/day. There was one time that I did want to cry and that was during the wedding rehearsal at the church when a friend asked me how I was doing (in reference to not being with Sy). But, I was in a church and that would have been a tad inappropriate. So, I wasn’t nearly as bad as I thought I would be, and I thought I would be pretty tearful knowing that I wasn’t going to be able to see Syler for 2 ½ days. I am thinking that going back to work on Monday will not be as hard as I expected knowing that I will be seeing Sy in 6 hours. But this is me we are talking about, Mrs. Emotionality, so we will just have to see.

3 comments:

Elaine and Brandon Carder said...

I am sorry that I caused you to be upset that was in NO WAY my intention.

Sarah B. said...

Oh my gosh Elaine... I know it wasn't your intention. I didn't mean to make it sound like you made me super upset or anything, because you didn't..... So please don't worry...

Becky said...

I think you did great (I didn't sleep AT ALL!) I think it is funny that a bunch of us all had our "first night away" at the same time even with a large age difference in the kiddos. Colin was 17 months, Syler 5 months and Olivia 8 wks! Funny how a wedding will do that.