Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

The time has come.....

Well, I think the time as a milk producing mama is slowly coming to an end. This past month and a half my milk production has decreased drastically. I am not sure if it was because I went away for 3 days in late December and I wasn't able to pump nearly as much as I did prior to the trip, or if it is just my body saying my time is ending. Am I happy about this......... NO, and I'm disappointed. I was hoping that I would be able to produce milk until Syler was about 8 months to a year old. I have tried everything from eating more oatmeal, drinking ensure, pumping more and drinking Yogi Tea for Nursing Mothers (all recommended either from Circle of Moms or from co-workers). None of which helped. So, as long as I can produce enough to get him the recommended 24-32 ounces of milk a day we won't have to do formula, otherwise, formula it is until he turns a year old.

No comments: