Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Syler is 1 month old!!!!!!!


One month ago today, Miguel and I officially became a mommy and daddy. The day that Syler was born was the absolutely best day of my life. I can not believe that Syler is a month old already. I must say it has been an amazing, amazing month that has gone by too fast.

When I think back to the day Syler arrive, I think back to the moment when I called the nurse and told her it was time and all our friends and family left the room. When they left I couldn't help but cry. The emotions I was feeling at that moment were overwhelming. I was happy, scare, nervous, excited, anxious, elated, terrified, and ready. I knew in just a little bit our baby was going to be born, and that moment he was born we both felt a love that we had never felt before; a love that cannot be explained. But, this love is beyond amazing. The moments after Syler was born are some of my absolute favorite moments. I layed there in the bed just watching Miguel pace back and forth between my bed and the open crib with Syler in it. The look on Miguel's face, tears in his eye, the smile just lit up the room and my heart. Those moments I will never forget. He was beyond happy and when he yelled to everyone in the hallway "IT'S A BOY!!!!!!!!!!" and they all cheered, it was priceless. The whole labor and delivery experience was so amazing and thee best day of my life. Now, Miguel and I look forward to careing, loving, teaching and guiding our little man.


Today, we can say that Syler weighs well over 7 lbs. We won't know for sure until we go to the doctors on 9/15, but he has been eating really well and you can tell in his pictures that he is chubbier. Syler is also a good sleeper. Granted there have been some moments where he has been fussy and not wanting to sleep, but over all he sleeps well. He loves to cuddle, and I LOVE having him lay on my chest and take naps together. I cherish every minute of that time we get to spend together. It strengthens our bond as mother and son and I love that. I also love it when Syler is wide awake and just wants to hang out. He makes such funny noises/faces and he is so active; swinging his arms and kicking his legs. Miguel and I like to say he is dancing. It is too cute! Syler loves to look in your eyes and just stare. We love that too. I never thought you can be so mesmerized by a baby's eyes. He is very ticklish on his feet, which he gets from me.


One thing that Syler is not too thrilled about it taking a bath. He seems to not like it very much, and tends to scream the whole time. I am hoping that his dislike for baths quickly fades. I'm hoping it fades when we are able to use the baby bath tub and he will be able to sit in warm water instead of laying on a towel during bath time. He is also not a very happy camper, most of the time, when he is getting his diaper changed or we are clothing him. Since he has been home, we have seen the Occupational Therapist once and the Neurologist once. Both were extremely impressed with the amount of improvement Syler has made with his left arm since leaving the CCN unit, and feel that he will definitely make a full recovery and surgery will not be needed. We will continue doing his arm exercises for a little while yet. We have one more visit with each person and then it's see ya later alligators.


What I have learned from the whole experience so far. Well, while Syler was in the NICU/CCN unit for 11 days, I learned that I am a much stronger person than I thought I was, and that Miguel and I are a very strong/supportive team. This whole process, I believe, has made us a stronger couple and has brought us closer together. Having Miguel by my side made the whole process much easier. His support, love, and strength did not go unnoticed and I admire and love him more than I ever did.


I've learned that I can function pretty well on VERY little sleep, and that I don't mind getting up at all hours of the night or pumping every 3-4 hours each day (even though it hurts). I love him and I will do anything for him.


I look forward to watching Syler grow and learn. I look forward to Syler discovering things for the first time or eating something sour and making a sour face. I look forward to Miguel and I teaching all the things we know. I just look forward to all the things that come with having a child; good or bad.


Lastly, I'd like to say THANK YOU to all our friends and family that offered us overwhelming support, love, strength, prayers, and for going beyond the regular duties of friendship to help us out. We appreciate you and love you.




3 comments:

Miguel Barroso said...

Its been a wonderful time hun. You did awesome!!!!!!! we are a great team, and we have a great circle of friends and family

Becky said...

Supportive husbands are the best!! So glad you have one!! Motherhood is so awesome, welcome to the club! There is such an awesome feeling that goes with having a child that is totally indescribable until you actually do it yourself. I know right where you are and am so thrilled for you guys. It won't always be a bed of roses and there will be moments you aren't proud of but all in all it is simply the best thing ever.
Love you guys, can't wait to meet the little guy.. Oh and nice boppy!

also, can you post about your labor and delivery. I'm not on facebook so I missed it.

Anonymous said...

Melissa Desautels::: I love the Barroso Chronicles!!!! This is such an awesome thing to share!!! Love getting in your head and knowing the thoughts of a momma!!! I get to feel like I am there too(well when Miguel screamed It's a boy- I was there =-) And a proud cheerer ;-) I can't wait to see him again and hog him like the selfish Auntie I am xoxoxoxoxoxoxo!!!! LYM!!!